The City of Rutland is seeking bids for sidewalk removal and replacement for approximately 2/3 of a block from and including the alley West of Rutland City Hall at 115 Gay Street, to the corner of Bagley Street.
Bid should include, but is not limited to, separate costs for each of the following stages:
- Removal of existing sidewalk: Include separate costs for full removal and replacement of all sidewalk including the newer existing sidewalk leading to the City Hall access ramp AND costs excluding the new sidewalk (“a work around”) for cost comparison purposes.
- Disposal of existing cement and other debris from the site (concrete is not to be disposed of at the City landfill).
- Installation of rebar, gravel, sand and other materials necessary to lay cement.
- Outlet/drainage for City Hall downspout runoff from Hall to street, under the sidewalk
- Plan to ensure level sidewalk area at the American Legion building; existing sidewalk has been raised, presumably due to the large tree on the site and its expanding roots.
- Cement application and any curb replacement/cuts needed for the project.
Bids are requested by noon Monday, May 1, 2017 by email to email@example.com or delivery to City of Rutland, PO Box 181, 115 Gay Street, Rutland, ND 58067. The City reserves the right to reject any or all bids for this work.
If you have questions, please contact the Rutland City Council President Michael Mahrer at 701-678-4675 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
 City Hall building will have a new gutter installed at the East entrance to the building. Downspout will be installed on the Southeast corner of the entry to drain below the cement and into the Street. It will be near the location of an existing shrub which will be removed.